Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
What is the towing capacity of a Toyota Tundra? Ultimately there are a number of variables involved in the superior performance systems that determine the range of towing possibilities around %Bradenton, including whether or not you’ve equipped a Toyota Tundra tow package. However, when properly equipped, the 2020 Toyota Tundra towing capacity is a staggering 10,200 pounds! Learn more about the new Tundra towing systems like Toyota Tundra tow mirrors and more below with Peterson Toyota of Sarasota.
What is the Towing Capacity of a Toyota Tundra? A Closer Look
Simply stated, no matter whether you add a Toyota Tundra tow package or not, you’ll have plenty of standard features that make this full-size workhorse a formidable force on any Venice worksite. See below for the standard systems that bring the new Toyota Tundra up to speed:
- Standard Engine: 5.7-Liter Aluminum i-FORCE V8 with DOHC 32-Valve cylinder heads with Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS), Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) and 4-2-1 tubular stainless steel exhaust manifold
- Standard Engine Output: 381 hp @ 5600 rpm and 401 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i), sequential shift mode and uphill/downhill shift logic (5.7L V8 models add TOW/HAUL Mode)
- Towing Performance Features: Available Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (ITBC) and standard Trailer-Sway Control (TSC)
In addition to its towing capacity, the 2020 Toyota Tundra can handle a maximum payload of 1,730 pounds, which means even without a hitch engaged, you can get the job done around Port Charlotte. You can also upgrade the standard Toyota Tundra tow mirrors to heated power outside tow mirrors with integrated blind spot monitors, turn signal indicators, and manual-extended and folding features for maximum security and convenience on your trailering routes.
The New Toyota Tundra Tow Package
To reach the impressive maximum 2020 Toyota Tundra towing capacity, you’ll need the towing package, which includes:
- Towing hitch receiver
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (ITBC)
- Supplemental engine oil cooler
- Supplemental transmission cooler
- 4.300 rear axle ratio
- TOW/HAUL Mode switch
- Heavy-duty battery
- 170-amp alternator and 4-/7-pin connector
You can also personalize your Toyota Tundra to its full potential with any number of genuine OEM parts and accessories, whether you’re interested in lift kits, upgraded Toyota Tundra tow mirrors, or new rims. Get in touch with our parts center experts to find the options that fit your needs.
Discover True Power with Peterson Toyota of Sarasota!
Now that we’ve answered “What is the towing capacity of the Toyota Tundra?” it’s time to explore your full range of Tundra options. Check out our Sarasota truck center to peruse the whole lineup and speak with one of our truck specialists, or you can check out our comparison of the 2020 Tundra vs. Tacoma to get a better feel for the Toyota range. However you plan to wield the impressive Toyota Tundra power, Peterson Toyota of Sarasota has the expertise to help you realize it. Contact us today!