2020 Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity
Bradenton-area drivers who want an SUV with plenty of comfort for long drives out to Lake Okeechobee and the towing capacity to take a boat along look toward the new Toyota lineup of crossovers. A favorite of families and solo adventurers alike, the new RAV4 offers a unique intersection of safety, comfort, and performance that few SUVs can hope to match. But how much can a RAV4 tow? At 3,500 pounds when properly equipped, the 2020 RAV4 towing capacity offers real options for drivers around Venice. Read on below with Peterson Toyota of Sarasota!
The 2020 RAV4 Engine
To answer, “How much can a RAV4 tow,” we’ll need to consider the engine specs that allow the Toyota RAV towing capacity its substantial feats:
- 2.5L Dynamic Force four-cylinder
- 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
- EPA-estimated 23 mpg city / 35 mpg highway / 30mpg combined* with conventional gasoline
That 3,500-pound towing capacity of the RAV4 Adventure trim level and its payload capacity of 1,090 pounds starts with the efficient engineering of the Toyota team. Read on to see how the standard and available features enhance the performance of the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity.
The Toyota RAV4 Performance Features
While the Toyota RAV4 engine has plenty of power to take your travels around Port Charlotte to the next level, it’s the necessary systems built around the engine that allow the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity its strength. Below we’ve outlined some of the incredible features that make the RAV4 what it is:
- Standard front-wheel drive
- Available intelligently-designed all-wheel drive for increased traction
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive (TV-AWD) with Rear Driveline Disconnect at higher trim levels
- Three driving modes to help you navigate any terrain and weather condition at the push of a button, including Sport to enhance performance over efficiency, ECO to maximize fuel economy in lieu of performance, and Normal to strike a balance between fuel economy and performance.
- Active Cornering Assist
- Power-assisted ventilated 12.0-inch front disc brakes
At even higher trim levels, you’ll have additional drive modes for Mud and Sand, Rock and Dirt, and Snow, and much more. Experience the true power and performance of the Toyota RAV4 when you take a test drive in Sarasota today!
Discover the 2020 RAV4 at Peterson Toyota of Sarasota
Whether you’re asking, “How much can the RAV4 tow?” or wondering which powerful SUV fits your needs, Peterson Toyota of Sarasota has the expertise. Stop by Sarasota to explore the full inventory, compare the RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V, and learn more about the 2020 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity first-hand. Contact us to get behind the wheel today and find out the new vehicle specials that fit your budget!